QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, September 15, 2006
It's Friday...Who's Ready for the Weekend?
...
It's finally Friday. It's about fucking time! This week was way too long.

It's sunny today, calling for a high of 78. I can deal with that! The traffic was non-existent this morning - and I can definately deal with that. However, it's not to say that the morning didn't get off to a rough start, nonetheless. I woke up and my left eye was all matted shut. Damn, I hate it when that happens! It's been sore for a few days now and for 2 weeks I had these little lumps in a line right at the crease in my eyelid. It's fine, it looks fine - but a little swollen. The lumps are gone. Luckily, being the woman that I am, can conceal it easily with makeup. It already feels better so I don't think a trip to the ole doc is going to be necessary.

I thought maybe I took a wrong turn and wound up in London this morning. Either that, or a John Carpenter movie. But, it was neither. Just a little thick fog.

One thing that really freaked me out, tho, is on Old McHenry Road - where is everybody?

This is the same road at the same curve just a few weeks ago:

So, I guess I should quit bitching and be happy that it wasn't like this today!

One thing I did on the way into work was listen to what is fast becoming my most favorite CD in the whole wild world - King's X, Ogre Tones. I still can't believe how great it is. They can do it all from hard melodic rock (Open my Eyes), to beautiful slower fare (Fly, Honesty) to more funk (Be Bop). If I could pick out any bass player that I would want to be like, it would easily have to be Dug Pinnick (bass/lead vocals). Although, Ty Taybor's (guitars/vocals) guitar tone is easily one of the best tones in guitar history. They're supposed to be touring in November and they better make a stop in Chicago!! I mean, I haven't seen them since this past May and I need a Dug fix real soon otherwise I'm going to go into shakes and convulsions - and that's never pretty. If you're interested in checking them out (and any of their other 13 albums that have been released over the past 15 years or so) then go here ----->
King's X, Ogre Tones. I'm still amazed that these guys never became the biggest band in the world. Then again, we're living in a day and age where Britney Spears can sell millions of records. Well, maybe not so much these days. It just proves my theory that some people in the listening audience has absolutely no taste in music. Ok, I'm done shamelessly promoting my favorite band.

Well, we have no big plans for the weekend. Just going to go out and see a band on Saturday night. Where we're going is a new place in town and is really pretty big. We stopped by there for dinner a few nights ago and they have really decent food too. For you Northwestern Illinoiser's out there, it's called Mulligans in McHenry. Dennis wants to check out the room, see what it sounds like, see what kind of crowd comes in for the prospect of playing there sometime in the near future. Yes, his split from playing in a band only lasted a total of 3 days. But, he's playing with 2 guys that aren't overly wrapped up in Jesus and touring so it's all good. And on Sunday, what else would we be doing besides watching the Bears at their home opener kicking the living shit out of the Lions just like they did the Packers!! *crosses fingers*

What's everybody else up to this weekend?


And so I leave you today with the song lyrics of the day:

King's X - Fly (off Ogre Tones)
No matter what you do
always somebody who
doesnt like it, doesn't like it
no matter what you say
always somebody who
don't understand it, don't understand it

fly above the rainbow
fly across the sea
fly across the future
fly over me

hey brother find a way
around you everyday
take care of you
take it
hey sister virgin eyes
stand up and fight the lies
take care of you
take it

fly above the rainbow
fly across the sea
fly across the future
fly over me

he didn't care for you
he isn't there for you
and you love him
but you don't like him
she isn't there for you
she puts the blame on you
still you need her
gonna leave her
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:57 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates