QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, September 07, 2006
Quitting Smoking
...
So, as many of you already know, I gave up one thing in my life that I loved but didn't love me back at all. Smoking cigarettes.

I know, I know, it's a great thing to quit such a disgusting habit. But, still, I miss it. I still crave for them in a huge way some days. Other days, I don't even think about it. Yesterday, it took everything I had not to go and buy a pack. And I resisted. Today, I don't care and I don't even want one. Of course, if I had one in my previously yellow stained fingers I would probably have to light it, take a deep breath of smoke, exhale it, then regret it.

Of course I did the usual things people do when they quit smoking. I figured out how much money we are saving, since both me and my husband quit. I figure we officially quit about 186 days ago, and we both smoked about a pack and a half a day. So, between the two of us, that's 3 packs a day at 186 days - that's 558 packs of cigarette. How much are cigarettes today? I'll figure about four dollars a pack. So, 558 times 4 equals 2,232. So, two thousand, two hundred and thirty two dollars - that's how much money we've "saved" since we "quit".


There have been times, I will confess, that I have smoked since we quit. You know, the weekend excuse, the drinking excuse, whatever I could come up with. And it would be like I quit all over again the next day. So, I have to remind myself every now and then of the benefits of quitting smoking. Friends and family also go through changes when somebody they love quits smoking. So, without further adieu, I will now share my the top 10 changes in my family and friends since I quit smoking:

10. I'm no longer the "butt" of non-smoker's jokes.
9. My sister can't find me in stores now when we get separated shopping since I'm not hacking and coughing
8. My co-worker can no longer tell by the cigarette stench that I'm coming when I'm a mile away
7. My friends & family said I stunk when I smoked. Since I quit smoking and can smell I think they stink
6. Kissing my husband is great now! We don't taste like the inside of an ash tray
5. When we visit smokers, they make *us* go outside while they smoke inside
4. When I go to visit my grandmother I don't have to ask to share her oxygen
3. My dad has put the funeral plans on hold
2. My mother-in-law doesn't have to go to church anymore. She got the miracle she was praying for
1. My dog wants his breath-freshening doggie biscuits back
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:02 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates