QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, September 01, 2006
My Sister
..
Was attacked last night. In Texas. By 2 pitbulls.

Last night, my sister's 5 year old grandson was visiting and told her that Chloe (one of her pomeranians, she has 2) needed to go outside. So, he was going to take her, but changed his mind and wanted to sit with Grandpa so my sister took the dog out.

My sister decided she wanted to water the flowers in the back yard, but the hose was on the side of the house so she went to go turn on the spicket, holding the dog. When she turned around there were 2 big pits standing there growling at her. She was trapped between the locked from the other side big wooden gate to the back yard and her garage and the neighbors house.

There were bushes so she tried to jump into the bushes but the pits jumped in after her. They got ahold of her left arm, both of them, and wouldn’t let go trying to get to Chloe. My sister was screaming and the neighbor came outside because he was leaving to go someplace and hears her screaming. He tried kicking the dogs trying to get them off of her and they wouldn’t. So, he grabbed a bb gun out of the garage and shot one of ‘em. They ran off then. He went to the door and got my BIL (he didn’t hear a thing) and said he would take Chloe to the animal hospital and he called an ambulance for my sister.

She has extensive damage to her left arm which will, from what the initial doc said, be going through several surgeries to correct. They temporarily stitched the inside tissues together, but will have to wait to do anything more to see if there is any infection, or if the tests came back rabid on the dogs. She should be seeing a vascular and a plastic surgeon sometime today. She probably won’t go home for a few days.

Chloe was in really bad shape, poor little thing. She has swelling in her brain so it was a wait and see situation overnight. The vet wasn’t too optimistic last night, but my BIL stopped by to see her anyway. Chloe responded slightly by his voice but said they would know more today.

My dad told me a little bit ago that Chloe is doing much better. My BIL stopped by about an hour ago and Chloe woke up and licked his hand. And that’s a great sign, according to the vet.

My sister is so freaked out. All she can think of is “what if it would have been Logan (the 5 year old) out there instead of me.”. She was crying on the phone with me, poor thing. I just hope she’s not going to be scared to go outside anymore.

The neighbors of the pit owners have said that they don’t even go out in their backyard anymore because they are afraid of these dogs and had called Animal Control just a couple weeks ago complaining about them. The owner told his neighbor (he just moved in this house 2 weeks ago) that he found them and was only holding onto them until he could find a shelter for them. The neighbors don’t believe it because they said that the dogs were so protective of the yard the the owners that he couldn’t have just found them 2 weeks ago.

Edited from earlier to include more detail. Now that I'm actually able to think about this at all without freaking out.

posted by suebiedoobie @ 9:01 AM  
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates