QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Sewing 101
...
I know a lot of people are going to be bored shitless with what I'm going to talk about today, but guess what. It's my blog and I'll write about what I want to write about.

Last night I accomplished my first feat at the sewing machine. I altered a bra. And, keeping with the day old tradition of sharing it in photographs, I figured I would share with you the steps necessary to complete this mission.

Here is the very first thing, and the most important thing, you must do in order to properly sew any article of clothing. Make yourself a stiff drink and a grilled cheese sandwich.

And, I might add for you anal weight watchers points counter types that this is indeed a 2 point grilled cheese sandwich. Wonder Lite bread, a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Babybell cheese, and some squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. It was ok, wasn't my moms grilled cheese sandwich, but then again that was probably about 7 points done the old fashioned way. I digress...

After eating the grilled cheese sandwich and downing a drink, I would highly suggest puffing on some cheeba. Not necessary, mind you, but it does aid in the threading the sewing machine process.


And here is the sewing machine fully loaded. As well as I, fully loaded. Ok, on to the next step so we can get this out of the way and discuss Rescue Me.

Here is the bra before:

Here is the bra after:

Ok, I have a confession. And I should have provided some photographic evidence of this, but, frankly, it was just way too embarrassing to even consider showing you. When I stitched the hook part back on the bra? I put it on backwards and had to redo it. Yea, I know. Maybe drinking and smoking while sewing isn't a good idea. I should get an SUI (Sewing Under the Influence) for this.

And that's all there is to that. Ok, now I'm bored with this whole sewing thing. Time for another drink!!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:25 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suzie: Try this next time you make a grilled cheese - gives it that zing. Learned this in home ec back in the stone age (or was it stoned age - I can never remember).

    A smear (yes, I said a smear) of light mayo or Mircle Whip and a little squirt (that is less than a smear) of mustard on the bread before adding the cheese. Slap together like you would normally and spray with your ICBNB before grilling. You really wouldn't need to count any other points because you use so little mayo. I don't get so anal about 1/2 points.

    Try it, bet you like it. Let me know what you think.

    Cheryl

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    right on. Last night was the first time I tried it. I toasted the inside too, then flipped it and put the cheese on it.

    Oh, and I topped it with a little salsa. But, I'll give your idea a try next time.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates