QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Rescue Me - Twilight
...
For those of you out there that could give two shits about Rescue Me there's good news for you. There's only a couple more episodes left to this season!

More about Rescue Me later.

I decided I want to get a cheap ass sewing machine. I have so many cute things that just don't quite fit. Either a top gaps strange under the arms, or my Bebe jeans are just a tad too long, and one top needs the straps taken in. I'm very anal about how things fit. And I'm really cheap when it comes to this kind of thing - I can't see spending more to alter something than I paid for it. Which, actually, is extremely logical. I have so many things that could use some taking in that I figured I could just take the stuff I don't really care if I fuck up first and figure out how to do alterations on it before screwing up the stuff I really want to wear again. It's not like I've never done anything like this before - I had to take home ec in high school like the rest of you bitches.

So last night I found myself at Target looking at sewing machines. Yea, it was a real slow night. And the more I looked the more confused I got. I'm a sucker when it comes to buying shit like this. I'm looking at the real cheap ones going - yea, that's what I want. But, then I look over to the next line up and I'm thinking, "Wow, that would be nice too. I have no idea what that does, but it looks cool enough on the machine.". So now I have no idea what I want. But here's the part I'm pretty fucking proud of. I walked out of the store and didn't buy a thing. And that's a hard thing for somebody with my weakness for shopping to do. But, don't start sucking my dick just yet - I have to go to the Mac store tonight and pick up a few things. So, we'll see how that goes.

On to Rescue Me...

So, Tommy's dad almost burns Tommy's house down and Tommy wants to kick him out into an old folks home, but Tommy's dad isn't digging on that idea at all. So he takes off for a while. They eventually find him and they set him up living with Lou's cousin, I think it is? But, I have a feeling something very strange is about to happen there. It just has to!!!

Sean finally talks Maggie into getting married in a church so they go visit a Priest at a Catholic church. Now, see, after recent events in the last few weeks and my dealings with all thing religion, I can kind of relate to Maggie's melt down at the church. I woulda probably been creeped out too. Granted, she definitely could have handled it better but Sean finally stood up to her and that's good for Sean because he can be such a fucking pussy. Is it me or does everybody just love Tatum in this show? I would say she can still act her ass off, but maybe portraying a psycho isn't that far of a stretch? But, good for her I say. The world needs more freaks on the main stage.

Probie is still gay. I think he's even more gay this episode than the last. I don't care that he humped a whore in this episode. He was more concerned about what kind of conditioner she used in her hair to make it so soft and shiny than what was under the covers. He's fighting it, but it's a futile fight.

Tommy's none too happy about Lou's newest sex partner. She's hot as all get out - and also still a nun in the last stages of leaving the convent. Great. And Jerry's Jamaican bitch, what the fuck is that all about? He's banging the hell out of her and has a heart attack or something and she bails on him? Leaves him there and doesn't call 911 or anything because she's illegal? Somebody needs to bitch slap that chooch.

Sheila buys a beach house that Tommy says he likes. I dunno what's going to happen here, but if Tommy doesn't hook up with Sheila I think she's going to go all postal on his ass. She's already a freak enough as it is.

Which leads me to the finale last night - Johnny gets shot, like, I dunno - 3 or 4 times in the chest on a stake out. That's going to send Janet into a tizzy. I'm not sure if they're going to kill off his character or not, but if they do then I can see Janet hooking up with Tommy again in grief, Sheila killing Janet, Tommy getting blamed for killing Janet, then Tommy's evil twin will show up and confesses to the whole thing. Then we'll find out that Janet isn't really dead, that she was faking her own death the whole time to get Tommy's millions...oh, wait, we're talking Rescue Me, not All My Children.....my bad.


Side Note: Here is an article about Denis Leary and how the Leary Firefighter Foundation has raised $7 million for equipment and training for firefighters in New Orleans, New York, Worcester and Boston, in part through special events like his annual celebrity hockey game. On Tuesday, Leary was in Boston to donate a $250,000 fire boat to the city department. Makes me like the guy even more.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:48 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL - All My Children. Now, Suzie, I have watched that Soap since I was a teenager. I still watch it at noon everyday while I am on the treadmill. It's the only way I can pass the time on that thing.

    Have a great hump day.

    Cheryl

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:34:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I must confess...I put All My Children there because I actually used to watch it too. I mean, like, most of my life used to watch it. I stopped watching a long time ago when they brought back Maria and when Julia and her hot hot hot husband left. Now, I have no idea who is who because when I last left Jaimie, Petey and JR were all tiny little kids. And that was probably only, I dunno....5 years ago??? *haha*

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    someone thinks they are soooooo awesome. ugh.

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That figures... leave a comment on Sue's blog and not put your name to it. What a coward!

    That was a shocking end to that episode Tuesday. I can't believe it. You know someboday was going to die this season, just didn't know who. I'm thinking that Johnny doesn't make it, but I think Jerry will though. The relationship between Johnny and Janet is totally lame so I don't care if he's gone, but I don't want Jerry to go.

    I was shocked that the chick just left Jerry there. She could have still called for help. It's not like the paramedics were going to check to see if she was legal while they're trying to revive Jerry. DUH!

    I just started watching AMC again after going about 10 years w/o watching it. Used to watch it all the time with my mom when I was a kid. A lot has changed, but all the core people and their families are still there and that's why I was able to start watching it again. Maria is gone and Julia is back. Noah got killed and I believe Julia killed (in self defense) the person that killed Noah.

    Rescue Me is a soap opera too, you just won't see some of the raunchy shit from Rescue Me on any of the daytime soaps. My DH teases me about watching the soaps and then I remind him that Rescue Me is a soap too.

    Regarding the sewing machine, I think it's best to get one with the features you want and one that's good quality. You want it to be able to last. But you have to pay for quality and features of course. I've been wanting a sewing machine myself for awhile.

    Cindy

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I didn't know you were a closet Rescue Me'er Cindy. I love the show. I seriously think it's the best acted show on TV.

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DH got me into it. He's a FF. They all watch it at the firehouse every week.

    Best acted show... you might be right! Hope Denis wins the Emmy he's nominated for (unless they were already on and I missed it!).

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:45:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    oh, that's cool cind!!

    Is it anything like how they portray it on the show?

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What the F? Just left you a comment and it went to an error page. Not retyping the whole thing. Here's a sewing machine similar to the one I got. Mine's blue though, not pink. Great deal for the price, and it's great for hemming and other small jobs.

    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=02011506000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:47:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    thanks sharon...I'll check it out.

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are a lot of aspects that are the same, like the brotherhood, the jabs at each other and warped sense of humor, and most of the fire & rescue scenes. Also, there are firefighters that have marital problems, addictions, infidelity, gambling, depression, etc but I think the show really exaggerates this aspect for dramatic purposes (of course). People wouldn't watch it if it were exactly like the firehouse. I know I would lose interest really fast.

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I understand what you're saying. it's very cool the brotherhood they have among them tho.

    it's more like family I suppose.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates