QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, August 07, 2006
I Think I'm Dying
...
But we'll get back to that later.

This morning, so far, has been pretty good but, then again, it's only 7:40 so, technically, it really hasn't even started yet. But, I'm at work, I didn't kill anybody on the road and I didn't get killed by anybody either so that's a bonus.

You'll have to excuse any typo's or otherwise stupidity on this blog this morning because I'm a total dipshit that left my glasses sitting by my computer at home. So, really, I'm blind today. How does that excuse stupidity on here? Well, it doesn't but I was hoping I could just slide that one in. I hate the fact that I now need glasses to be able to read anything, including not being able to go to a restaurant and see the menu without reaching into my purse and pulling out the old reading glasses. I might as well attach a blinking sign on my forehead announcing, "Hey, everybody!! Look at me!! I'm over 40!!! Yay!!". And, for some reason this weekend I felt my age - more than I have in a very very long time. And it's time to do something very simple to rectify this situation - get contact lenses. I need to get my eyes checked again anyway because in the last year that I've had to wear glasses I'm now thinking that I need them a tad stronger anyway. Allfuckingready. It's only been a year since I've had to face the fact that I'm getting old and my eyes can no longer focus on important shit like the shampoo bottle instruction - you know, lather, rinse, repeat. And, me being a blonde and all, rely on those instructions for my very life. Ok, so I'm not a natural blonde either, I am a natural smart ass. So, I'm making an appointment for sometime today to visit an eye doctor to see about contacts. And I'm going to leave work to do it. Hey, I gotta be able to see right?

And that leads me to why I believe that I'm dying. But, in reality, I think I just figured out why I think I'm dying. Because I'm acting like I'm 80 instead of 43. I went shopping yesterday. Yea, big shocker there. I need to find a swimsuit for our upcoming vacation and if you've ever tried to find a swimsuit in August, you know it's no easy task. The problem isn't trying on or feeling like I look horrible in a suit - because, really, for the first time in my life - and I'm even including when I was a young and perfect 18 year old - I think I look the best in a bathing suit. It's just that there's nothing to choose from and what there is to choose from I just didn't feel warranted $180 total for the suit and some kind of coverup. I did try on one suit that, holy shit!! I couldn't believe how good it looked on me. But, it's not the thing a 43 year old really needs to be walking around in, especially around children or any human being besides my husband. I gave up on the idea and just decided I'll wear my suit from last year that I've only worn a handful of times and spent a fortune on (blog pic) and call it a day. I don't even know why I thought I needed a new one anyway. Oh, yea, the top on this one almost came off when we went boating on Saturday. I went to Woodfield Mall, the Mecca of Malls, the holiest of malls, the malls that other malls are modeled after. I went to all my favorite stores - Nordstroms, Bebe, Cache, the Buckle, Bebe Sport, - I lost track. And you know what I bought? Nothing. Zilch. Nada. And, this is why I believe I must be so ill that I'm going to die. I have never not found anything that I like. Especially when I had money to spend. If heaven and hell are what the best and worst things in your life are after you die - then my personal hell would be a fiery hot mall that spans for millions of miles with shop after shop of beautiful things all 75% off - only in hell you have no money. Fuck!!!!

Ok, I made it through this post and I'm not sure how many typos are in here, and I don't even know if it made sense because I can't go back and read it due to being blind as a fucking BAT!!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:42 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Sue, I have the same swimsuit dilemma! I ordered 6 suits (from VS and Newport News) - none of them fit or looked right. Either matronly or, like you, could not wear in public. So I, too, have to shop elsewhere for a suit. I have that cruise in December and NO suit in my possession.

    UGH!

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006 8:26:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    pljewels, I did go to a place yesterday, very pricey tho - called Everything But Water. I don't know where else they have them but they had some really cute suits. It's where I got the one I'm wearing in my blog pic. They are very nicely made, I'll say that but you would spend at least 120 bucks for a good suit.

    Other than that, I'm at a loss too. I looked online last night and everything I liked VS didn't have in stock in my size. Figures.

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006 9:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue:

    I have a "wealthy" friend who vacations about as much as I work (LOL). I was at a social event with her this weekend and asked where she gets her suits. I about dropped when she said she has had the best luck at Target. She even liked her suit so much that she bought an extra one of the same suit. She liked their bikinis and their tankinis (bought both tops and one bottom). Need to check that one out this week and see if there is anything left.

    Cheryl

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006 9:17:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Hmmmm....interesting. Thanks for the tip.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates