QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, July 27, 2006
Monster Mother's from Hell
...
I've been contemplating today's topic all morning because it will, no doubt, offend mothers and parents who read this. But, I feel I have to say something about it because it is something that really strikes a nerve with me.

Special treatment for people who have children. Whether it's in the work place or the grocery store you see it every day. Now, I understand, Mothers, that the raising your children is a very difficult job. I also understand some of you believe the insane idea that stupid Hillary Clinton bitch put in your head that it takes a village. I hate to inform you, but she's a stupid cunt (there, I said it) and it doesn't take a village - it takes YOU to raise your kids. I don't have children, I can't have children, so why should it ever be assumed that somebody like me should have to help you deal with yours? Don't I already pay enough in taxes for schools and the like that I will never ever use? All to help your children?

The reason this has really come to light this morning is because I have had to deal with this issue not once, but twice in one day. As you know from reading my stupid blog, I come in an hour earlier and leave an hour earlier because the hours work out better for me and for my sanity with the fucked up traffic in the Northwest Suburb corridor. I live further north than anybody else in the office so it generally takes me longer to get to work. And I offer no excuses for this - I chose to live where I live and I come into work on time every day. But, when my boss told us we could take advantage of more flexible hours I jumped right on that one. Anyway, I digress.

As some of you know my co-worker has, in previous years during the school year, left an hour early on Tuesday's and an hour early on Thursday's. This is due to the fact that she needs to spend more time at home with her two children helping them with homework, taking them to their after school activities and the like and could use the extra two hours a week. Two hours a week, no big deal, right? I don't have a problem with that. But, what I DO have a problem with is the fact that she most certainly does not come in an hour early on those days, like I do when I'm doing flex hours. And, yesterday, I asked if it will be hard for her to com in an hour early on those days, like I do. She said no because she wouldn't be coming in early due to the fact that she can't leave that early in the morning because of the kids. I do understand this, but how is this fair? Shouldn't I also be allowed two extra hours a week to do whatever it is that I need to do as well? Why should it matter if I'm doing things for my children or for myself or whatever it is that I also need to get done that I get done in my own spare time? Again, I didn't impregnate you and cause you to have two children so why should I have to bend over to accommodate yours? People, you choose to reproduce, please choose to be responsible and fair to the people around you that may or may not also have children. And the kicker in all this is that she doesn't have to work - and she's admitted this on more than one occasion. She works so she doesn't have to stay home all day with her kids!!!


The second incident happened at the grocery store. I was waiting in line behind a woman that had a cartful of items. I had about five items. No big deal, she's there first, so I wait. Along comes another woman with a 3 year old and a 6 year old in tow. She has about a half a shopping cart full of items and her littlest one was getting quite impatient. She has the nerve to ask me if I would let her go ahead because she's running late and needs to get her daughter to ballet class. I said no. I'm also running late and need to get through the line as well. She got very upset with me and proceeded to tell me how rude it is that I can see she has two children that are about to have a total hissy fit meltdown and she really needs to get out of the store as soon as possible. I then suggested that she ask a manager if somebody can place her items back on the shelves so she can exit the store. She gave me a big huff then proceeded to yell at her children. That sure was great parenting on her part - I'm sure she just taught her daughters some real valuable life lessons there.

What gives some mothers the right to believe that they and their children are so special that everybody else should adore them? I don't know your kids, I don't want to know your kids, and, most certainly, I don't want to have to help you raise your kids. So, don't play the kid card with people. It's just irritating and shows that you lack any kind of compassion yourself.

I'm still steaming over that one.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:30 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am the mother of three and I have to say I agree with you 100%. The grocery store incident is completely uncalled for. I would of added to your comment though what the hell are you doing at the grocery store now, when you probably had all day to get there unlike those of us who work.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue - completely agree with all your points. I, too, worked with a woman that lived 45 miles from the bank I worked at several years ago. She thought that gave her license to leave her house at the same time I did every morning (it takes me 7 minutes to get to work) and pass onto me any work she could not get done because she came in 50 minutes late every day. Now was this my fault that she drives that distance to work? Was it my fault that she could not get all her work done in the alloted time because of this? NO!
    Used to really piss me off (otherwise I really liked this woman). Also, her teenage kids would "come to town" to do a few errands now and then and she would leave with them to do those errands - not thinking that this time should either a. be made up or b. taken as personal time off. UGH!

    Grocery store incident - you were right on the mark on that one too!

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a question. Your Co-worker...is she docked pay for the 2 hours a week that she doesn't work? Does she get paid for 38 hours a week? Does she put down vacation time for those 2 hours? Or does she only work 38 hours, but get paid for 40.

    If that is the case.. that's is complete and utter B.S.

    I hate people like that and I have 3 children myself. If I am late due to my child (she's has a chronic illness), then I put it down as vacation time.

    We have a motto at my office and it fits all people. Single, Married, Divorced, White, Black, Educated, uneducated, doesn't matter.... our motto is "WE HATE PEOPLE".

    I can't believe that woman asked you to go ahead. She must also think that her SH*T don't stink too.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue - Well said.

    This was great! As someone who CHOOSES not to have children I must totally agree with you.

    And what is UP with so many parents using their kids as the be all/end all excuse for EVERYTHING!??

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have 3 children and because of this village mentality - I don't like kids! People don't raise their kids to be courteous members of society, they raise their kids to think the world owes them everything because they are so "cute" and amazing! Most people seem to be actual victims of their kids, like the lady in the store! My kids either did not go to the store with me at all or they knew that that is just what we are doing so they need to just put up with it. They did not throw fits forcing me to be rude to other people like a hostage at gun point! The work thing is a little tuffer just because these are actual people and not just "things" this mother has to do. You can get in pretty good trouble with child protection services if you just leave your kids to tend to themselves so you can go to work, its in the papers all the time. At the same time though, she shouldn't be paid for that time.

     
  • At Friday, August 11, 2006 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates