QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, July 26, 2006
If You're Rich, You're a Bitch - If You're Poor, You're a Whore
...
At least, that's what my husband said last night while we were eating dinner and some celebrity show came on - probably called Lifestyles of the Rich and Fucked Up something like that. I'm not quite sure what that means, but I think it might look good on a bumper sticker.

We actually sat back and watched a movie last night. We used to do nothing but sit and watch movies - and it's usually watching the same stupid comedies we always watch like Anchorman, Wedding Crashers, Old School - probably because we know we won't be disappointed, like we were last night. I think I'm really getting so tired of the stupid screwball romantic comedies they are making now - you know, boy meets girl under false pretenses, boy falls for girl, girl falls for boy, boy and girl find out the truth, boy and girl vow to hate each other forever, boy and girl get back together due to meddling friends - you know, that old chestnut. But, the one thing I've noticed is that Matthew McConaughey is usually involved.

So, last night's idiotic screwball romantic comedy was no different. We did manage to make it all the way through Failure to Launch, however difficult at times it was. It's not that I didn't like the movie, or that I don't like Matthew McConaughey (who doesn't?), it's just that I felt that I had seen this exact movie before, only it wasn't Sarah Jessica Parker. It was Kate Hudson with Matthew in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I kinda found myself getting lost on which movie I was actually watching. Failure to Launch did, however, have very bright moments. The only problem being that they didn't come from either of the main characters. I loved loved loved the supporting cast in this movie. Zooey Deschanel was just great, as she is in just about everything she's in. She's just......weird. And weird in a good way. And of course Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw as Matthews parents were awesome. And even Matthews friends in this movie were great. It just lost me someplace. I think it might have been the cheesy ending. I'm not opposed to happy endings in movies, I mean can you NOT have a happy ending in a romantic comedy? Well, maybe you could. Just once maybe I would like to see Matthew McConaughey kill the lying, stupid, ugly, skinny bitch that just fucked him over by shooting her right in the head. That would have been a much better ending than they actually had. I mean, COME ON!! (at this point, if you haven't seen the movie and are actually planning on watching it after my review, then stop reading now....spoiler included. but, if you don't give a fuck and want to know how crappy this ending is, keep on reading). Tying him up to a chair while locking the two of them into a room to get them to talk while his friends, his parents (while at home on their computer), and an entire bar room full of people watch it unfold on a big screen TV? Yea, that could happen.

However, the evening did redeem itself at 9:00pm when Rescue Me came on. It wasn't the greatest episode by far, but it did have it's interesting moments. Now, for those of you who watch this trashy show, why does Janet think she has the right to be pissed off at Tommy when she walked in on Tommy fucking Angie? Seriously, she came over to Tommy's to fuck Tommy behind Johnny's back - and she's mad that Tommy is fucking somebody else? You know, I think I just figured out what he meant by the title of today's blog.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:44 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates