QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, July 24, 2006
Monday's are Hella Lame
......
Well, the weekend is over and it's now 8:02am Monday morning and I've already been at work for half an hour. And I really wish that I was at home, in bed, and it was really Saturday and this weekend was just starting instead of being over.

As if Monday's aren't bad enough today is especially sucky for me due to what this day represents. Today is Monday, July 24th, 2006. On Friday, July 24th, 1981 I was getting married to my first husband. So, if I would have stayed married to the drunkassbastardfromhell, I would have been married 25 years today. Kinda hard to imagine that. In his defense and from what I've been told he's no longer a drunkassbastardfromhell, he's finally sober, but that in no way excuses the way I was treated when I was with him. But, it's best to keep this in the past where it belongs because, really, to me - today is just like any other day. I'm in a much better place in my life now.

But, I really thought I was going to have to beat the crab outta my husband this weekend. And I know why he's so grouchy - he does his bill paying on Saturday morning due to the fact that he gets paid on Friday night. I personally believe that we would have much more enjoyable weekends if he would do his bills on Tuesday instead, but, what the hell do I know?

My sweet husband did take me out to dinner on Friday night though. But, only because I refused to cook and he refused to go hungry. So, it worked out for both of us. But, it's never without a catch. We went to one of our favorite digs,
The Village Squire. One of the things that we forgot about the Village Squire is this: on some nights they have a guy with a guitar that sings these unbelievably crappy songs. I won't tell you his name, because that would be rude and I would never think about being rude so *coughfrankpalmericough* I'll just leave you this little tidbit: you haven't lived until you've heard the lounge version of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall". And if that wasn't bad enough they decided at some point to change their menu - by change their menu I mean they raised their prices a LOT and shortened their menu to remove their Orange Roughy dinner and their Shrimp DeJohn (however you spell it). Which really pissed me off. I decided to give their Fajitas a try. Big mistake. You should never have to refer to any Fajita as bland. We won't be going back there again.

We totally missed singer friend's show Saturday night. Which really pissed me off. I was in the mood to go out and have some fun, but apparently my husband was not. Instead, he fell asleep around 7:30 from working all day and I couldn't get him back up. So, needlesstosay, I spent the night fuming and wanting to kick him in the nuts. That woulda woke him up I'm sure. But, still wouldn't have accomplished what I wanted so it was a moot point.

And, then, to end our fabulous weekend we decided to go Sunday night to Blockbuster and rent a few movies. Of course, we each have our pick for what we want to watch. Hubby, of course, chooses to rent Basic Instinct 2, while I picked the lighter fare of Failure to Launch. Let me just say that Basic Instinct 2 is the most stupid, boring, unsexy movie I think I have ever seen. It actually made me want to have sex just to make it stop!!! Haven't seen Failure to Launch yet. I'll have to give you my review on that one tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't have Sharon Stone anywhere in it.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:02 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates