QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, August 11, 2006
The Missionary Position
...
So, it's Friday. Finally. Thank fucking God. I don't think I could handle another day this week. And, it's not like this was an unusually busy week, or an unusually long week. Just a pain in the ass I'm ready for the weekend I feel like partying this weekend kinda week.

We have no grand plans this weekend. We're going to treat this as a fly by the seat of your pants kinda weekend. Whatever comes up, comes up. And, I suppose I mean that in the way my husband hopes I mean that. But, that's way too much information for an early Friday morning.

Well, he did it. Remember my ramblings about my husbands problems with his holy roller friends? The
What's the Mission of the Preacher Man? thread? He finally decided he had enough and quit this band. Which is a very good thing. What started out as a very cool rock band had soon turned into a Tour Bus business and a missionary Christian Band. And, by missionary I mean that in a "lets go out and rope up some suckers to join our cult" type a way, not a "they have boring man on top style sex" type a way. Hell, I dunno. Maybe it's meant both ways, but I really don't want to know about that. Which is cool - if that's what they're into and are digging it then they really should find somebody else to front it. They want to be youth advisors and counselors - basically ministers of their church going from place to place on their tour bus spreading the word. Which is great, it's just not what my husband happens to want to do. His favorite word is "Legs" and, really, it's probably not a very good word to go out on the road and spread, know what I'm sayin'? The good thing is that he keeps the songs he wrote. Which is great because then all he really needs to do is find a couple guys to fill in. Which, really, isn't the easiest thing to do. The guys my husband's leaving are really great musicians (well, one is anyway) and he does like them as friends so it would be really sweet if they can all still remain friends and do their last show on the 25th of August and go out with a bang. But, only time will tell....
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:02 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates