QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Rescue Me - Retards
...
Don't yell at me those of you who are offended by the title of this weeks Rescue Me episode. I don't make the titles of this show up! More on Rescue Me later.

I shopped last night and it was goooood. I picked up the jeans that Maurice's had shipped from another store (there should be more about that in an earlier blog? I don't remember) and I bought two tops while I was at it. They had this really pretty shirt there too, that I shoulda fucking bought. I always do that. Regret not getting something, regretting getting another. Then go back to get what I regret I didn't get to find out that they just sold the last fucking one in your size. Ah, well, we'll see about that tonight. Boss is here at work early - which completely sucks ass. Not that I don't like the guy, don't get me wrong I do. It's just that it's kinda cool having that first hour all to myself without anybody else being around. Nice quiet time.

Ok, on to Rescue Me. First, I'm so freaking glad that Denis Leary is nominated for an Emmy for this show, and last night's episode is proof that it's completely due. If you watched this show you know exactly what scene I'm talking about - where he's visiting his firefighter friend that was injured in the fire and is burned so badly he lost his legs and is about to lose his arms too? I just can't believe the dialog that goes on in that scene. Tommy telling him he has to let go, he doesn't want to live like this and telling him his wife and kids will move on in time and he'll make sure that whoever his wife winds up with isn't an asshole and so on. Just freaky shit. Then the guy does finally let go in the next scene. So sad!!

But, not quite as sad is Franco with his girlfriend's retarded brother - who is retarded like a fox. He completely manipulated that whole thing and knew exactly what he was doing. And Franco knows that her brother is a hell of a lot smarter than she gives him credit for. And poor probie. Now he's known as the gay guy. A guy lets another guy suck his dick and look what happens. Speaking of which, how about the scene where the retarded brother tells the probie that HE'S retarded for thinking he's not gay because he receives blow jobs but doesn't give 'em. That was some priceless shit right there.

But, the funniest scene ever is when Tommy gets the Escalade truck from Sheila then she asks him to lunch and he tells her he's busy and drives off. Poor misguided Sheila. She's still convinced that she can get Tommy to run away with her. But, Sheila is rich so you never know. But, the best part is when he gets to the firehouse and asks the guys to come out and check out his new Escalade and some guy is stealing it right then and there.


And what's the deal with him and Janet? She seems to really get off on the torture. But, fucking Johnny shows up and ruins the whole thing. Oh, then there's that scene in the bar when Tommy tells the bartender he doesn't have any money after drinking 100 bucks worth of whiskey. And his little speech about how he knew over 60 guys that were killed in 9/11 and saying the average person couldn't name one person they knew that was killed. And, wow, that was such a great point to make because it's so true.

I'm going to hate to see this season end.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:36 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with the scene at the bar. I love that scene and thought Denis gave one of his best performances. I kept on saying "No Tommy, don't drink it", but he didn't listen.

    I wasn't able to name any FFs who died in 9/11, but my DH was watching with me and he was able to name almost 10.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I know cindy! I was yelling for him to NOT drink it too.

    And, good god did he down that fast or what?

    that sucks that your dh knew firefighters that died in 9/11. Bless them all.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 3:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know cindy! I was yelling for him to NOT drink it too.

    And, good god did he down that fast or wh

     
  • At Monday, August 21, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DH didn't know any personally, but was able to name some. God bless all of them and their families.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates