QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
The Morning of the Living Dead
...
I had the oddest feeling this morning. It was kind of like DejaVu, but not really. Well, nothing like it except that feeling you get with DejaVu - it only lasts a second but in that split second of time you're nowhere at all in synch with the universe. It's like the world is spinning but you're standing still. Just odd. It could be that I'm still a little buzzed from last night. Which would definitely make more sense than what it seemed really happened.

Here it is. I pulled onto the highway and there was nobody there. As far as I could see there was nobody there. For at least 2 miles in either direction. No cars, no people, no animals....nothing but the feeling of emptiness. I imagine that's what it feels like in those stupid movies - don't even think about me telling you the name of said movie because I didn't find the movie interesting enough to remember (I do believe it was remade later or it was the exact same premise as the one I'm thinking about and they called it 28 Days I believe. Nevermind).

The feeling was this - that for a split second in time I felt like I was the only living soul on the planet. That everybody else disappeared and it was just me. Of course, if it was the movie I would very soon realize after I came up over a hill that everybody else had turned into Zombies and wanted my sweet zombie virgin ass. Which didn't happen. I turned onto the road to get to work and that feeling was immediately replaced with one thought - FUCK!!! Yes, this road I turned on that should have been the road I felt completely and utterly alone on was replaced by a parking lot of cars aligned single file for as far as the eye could see. At least 2 miles - probably further. Shit!! And they weren't Zombies. Just regular people, just like me, at a stand still and just looked like Zombies at 7:00am without their morning latte. I decided I liked the alone road much better and turned my ass back around and went the other direction.


Side Note: I decided to get a season pass to Weeds on Showtime because, well, I figured it had to be right up my ally. Turns out it's really a funny show. I only saw one episode last night, but if you are a Weeds fan please email me. I have questions. Thanks.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:50 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates