QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, September 26, 2006
The Bitch of Being Jaded
For the first time since I've started this blog, I can't say what I really want to say and it sucks.

I'm having some issues at work, and as we all know we no longer live in a world where there is free speech. Although I have never stated who I work for and you won't ever get that out of me, it something that I don't feel comfortable discussing, even here where I should be able to express myself in any way shape or form since it is my personal bitch space. We've all heard the horror stories about people who blog, and it usually goes something like this:

My sister’s husband’s brother’s uncle wrote on his blog how much of a jag his co-worker is and how bad the company is being run. Then the big blowhard jackoff managers who employ him read his blog and fired him for insubordination - even though he didn't mention who he works for, where he works, or any details about the actual situation.

Now, I'm not sure how true these stories are, but one thing I don't doubt is that at any given moment anything that you type on these pages are read, compiled and can be used against you. There is no free speech anymore people! It's all a myth. And it’s all an illusion to trick you into thinking it’s for your own good. It’s everywhere – your telephone conversations, your email, even your blogs are being watched and could threaten your very existence. Parents monitor their children’s keystrokes and screen shots the entire time they are using the computer. Why is this? Is it to keep them safe or is it to maintain control? They will tell you it’s for their own safety because of all the perverts out there on the internet. Of course these same children grow up learning that it’s perfectly normal to not have any privacy or freedom since they never had it their entire lives. Or is it because parents are so busy working so they can afford that new BMW, that new 62 inch plasma TV, or that way too extravagant vacation that they just simply aren’t paying enough attention at home?

Any way you slice it, while you’re at work they own you. They can use whatever means necessary to reprimand or fire you at will for whatever reason. We haven’t come very far since the days of slavery – only now they don’t physically beat you, they do it mentally.

On the flip side of the coin, I feel pretty fortunate in my work situation. I have very little issues with it, except for a few lately that I won’t mention. I don’t want to be forced to look for another job because, basically, it’s going to be like this wherever you go. It just sucks that, as a nation, we’ve slowly allowed all of our freedoms to trickle down to very few. There’s a reason that Free Speech is the first amendment to our constitution – and that’s because it is the most important. But, somehow, with the age of technology we’ve lost sight of what should remain free and what shouldn’t. In order for free speech to exist you must be able to accept the views and opinions of others, even if you don’t agree. You also have the freedom to state that you don’t agree and why. There’s no middle ground here, it’s all pretty plain and simple.

Ok, enough of my crazy soap box talk I’m outta here on vacation in:

2 Days

And you won’t be hearing my crap for 6 full days!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:46 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sue!

    I am a christian and in most christian circles there is a major emphasis on keeping your kids away from EVERYTHING to keep them "pure" before God. People won't let their kids go to school, see movies, hear music, go on the internet. They turn over magazines at the checkstand so their kids won't have the images in their mind influencing them. It is a fear thing. This emphasis is to keep them "moral" but teaches them nothing about God or self control. I allowed my kids to watch, read or listen to almost anything. I did restrict certain things at certain times in their lives if because I made it a point to know my kids, I see that a particular subject at that time might negatively influence them. A lot of times it would be a movie or show that wasn't "rated R" it would be a show that was a G or PG that had a kid in it who was rude or nasty and my child was getting into a rude or nasty mode so I wouldn't let them watch it. I didn't just have blanket mindless rules. My kids are now all adults, they went to public school, read all kinds of books, watch all kinds of movies and tv shows, go on the internet etc. They have all chosen to follow God using their own hearts and minds, not just because I told them to do it. I could (almost) bet my life they are all virgins (all still unmarried, or that would be another problem) none of them do drugs, my son who is 23 will have an occassional drink (sometimes with me). They are not perfect (neither am I!) They do not have to fear coming to me if any one of the above things mentioned or something else causes problems for them because I am not going to condemn them or look down on them. That isn't what God would do and neither would I. The way I raised my kids fly's in the face of the "typical" christian conservative view, but I don't want to be "typical". Well, I certainly went on and on! Sorry about that! Love your blogs, by the way! :)

    donna

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates