QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, October 19, 2006
Do I Look Stupid?
Now there's a loaded question. But, before you answer that (and I know there are soooo many answers to this one) please take the courtesy of reading why I'm asking this stupidly pathetic question.

It all started a few weeks ago. At work, I kept getting these calls from a number I don't recognize. When I answer the call all I get is some dipshit recording on the other end of the line that says:

Please hold for an important message.

This goes on for 5 minutes, at which point I think - hey, shitlicker, if it's so damned important why isn't there a human being at the other end of this call. And I hang up. This happened about once every other day and, yes, I did try calling the number but I get an even better recording this time that says:

We're sorry. The number you have dialed is a non-working number.

What the fuck? This number just CALLED me. So, now I know it's a masked caller ID. Fast forward to yesterday. I get this same annoying call 5 times!! Yes, 5 fucking times while I'm at work. It's so annoying because I have to turn the ringer off on my phone as to not disrupt everybody at work.

As soon as I leave work for the day, I get one more call. This time there's a human being at the other end of the line. And here's how the conversation went (come on, you didn't see this one coming?):

Shitlicker: Is this Suzanne *****
Me: Yes, it is. Can I ask who's calling?
Shitlicker: My name is Shitlicker
Me: Ok, Shitlicker, what do you want?
Shitlicker: Please verify your physical address please.
Me: Would you please tell me what this is regarding first asshole?
Shitlicker: That would be a private matter. Would you please verify your address.
Me: Dude, I don't know you. The only thing I know about you is that you have a pathetic job. You want my social security number too while you're asking? Or how about my birthdate. How does that grab you? Why don't you just tell me what this is about.
Shitlicker: I'm sorry, I can't do that until you verify your address.
Me: Do I look stupid to you? I never give out personal information unless I know what it's about. In case you've been living under a fucking rock I'm sure that you've heard about the ongoing identity theft going on in the world?

Shitlicker: Ok, I'll call back later.
Me: Do you think you'll have better luck later? No. I'll tell you what, why don't I give you my lawyers name and address.
Shitlicker: No, we want to speak to Suzanne *****
Me: You ARE speaking to Suzanne ***** you fucking idiot. How about you give me your supervisor.
Shitlicker: I can't pass you along to anybody until you verify your address.
Me: Ok, I'm done with this. Please do not call me back, if you do I'll consider it harassment.
Shitlicker: You can consider it all you want but I'll call 10 times a day until you give me the information.
Me: Do that, and the number will be changed. How do you sleep at night after harassing people all day? Or, better yet, how does your wife (or husband, whatever) sleep with you?

Click. What the fuck? It was suggested it's a bill collector, but, honestly, I don't think it is because I don't have anything that would be in collections.


The moral of the story? If I didn't personally give you my phone number and you call me, I'll tell you to fuck off.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:58 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So my thing is this... he calls a FEMALE and asks her to verify her physical address????? For what, so he can mapquest you and come "visit" you. You did the right thing.

    That is creepy more than anything.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates