QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Bears Striptease!
All I can say this morning is, "Wow, am I tired!". Of course, that's all due to the fact that I stayed up late last night to watch the strangest football game I have ever seen. Then, it took me about 2 and a half hours to go to sleep afterwards.

At many points last night, I thought to myself that being 5 and 1 isn't a bad thing at all. It'll give the Bears something to reflect on going into a bye week. But it didn't turn out that way at all. Urlacher decided that he isn't satisfied with 5 and 1 - he wants 6 and 0 before playing again at Soldier Field. Phoenix strips the ball twice, the Bears strip the ball twice - was it football or a striptease? By all accounts the Cardinals had the game. All they had to do was not get stupid. Or give Urlacher any chance to do what he does best - tearing apart the opposing offense. Of course, the perfect kicking season (so far) of Robbie Gould, the fumble that Mike Brown ran in, Brian Urlacher stripping the ball, Peanut Tillman running in for a defensive touchdown, then Devin Hester returning the ball for a touchdown for special teams - it was all defense and special teams. Offense - not so much! Grossman being intercepted four times and being stripped twice. It was a comedy of errors on the offensive side of the ball. I often questioned what team Grossman was playing for at many times during this game. But, every quarterback has a bad day and this one was his. Let's just hope that it ends there!
!

I do have to say that Phoenix did play 3 very incredible quarters of football. Matt Leinart is going to be one great quarterback once he gets experience and playing time in. He already is a great quarterback and his team did an exellent job holding off the Bears. But, the Bears can only be held off for so long. Given enough time, they will get the job done. One thing I think the Bears had against them was that they didn't take their opponent seriously enough. They've been a product of their own hype. But, I think after last night's show that there isn't any doubt that the Bears are really for real this time and know what to do to win a game. Never ever give up. I believe they will take every game from this point on more seriously and prepare - and they know not to take it for granted.

Is it luck or is it destiny for the Chicago Bears this year? Only the rest of the season will tell the tale. At any rate, I don't care - they are 6 and 0 and having a season of miracles.

Go 6 and 0 Chicago BEARS!!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:40 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates