QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Crappy New Year!!
Yea, I know. What a way to start the new year, right?

I think new years eve and day would be a lot cooler if they put it in July or something. When it's warm. Because the last thing I like to see after the holidays is fucking snow and ice cold temperatures.

And what's with all this snow? I haven't seen it snow this much this early in a long long time.

I'm hating life this morning. Mostly because I had to come into work today. And mostly because I'm still suffering from New Years Eve. And my attitude today just sucks. I'm grouchy, tired, annoyed and just generally in a very nasty ass mood. Today marks the 8th anniversary of my mother's death. Today marks a new year - which, honestly, I don't see being any better than last year. Okay, so slap me for my negativity. I just don't understand why anybody would want to live past about 65 anyway. I mean, seriously, what have I got to look forward to in my old age? Still working my ass off to pay for my Depends undergarments? Not being able to afford my Geritol? Fuck!

Anyway, new years eve was fun, but sucked at the same time. I made about 40 bucks I think. Of course, I was stuck in the smoking section and nobody but little old ladies in pink mink coats want to sit in there when there's live music in the smoking section. Speaking of little old ladies in pink mink coats, I had to serve a one on new years eve. Yes, I did, I'm not making this up. A little old couple. Bastards. She's showing off her brand new, beautiful, extremely expensive pink mink coat while ordering her steak and lobster. It's not the coat that pisses me off about it, it's the fact that they had an $85 dollar tab and tipped me $5 bucks!!! And they got great service. Fuckers.

Dennis didn't do much better. He had a couple of our friends out - Guy, being his bass player and his wife, Miss Bethany, that sings. So, they helped a lot with the entertainment portion of the evening. Now, Guy and Miss Bethany have been friends with the restaurant owners wife and her husband for years - as has Dennis. So when Guy and Miss Bethany came in the owner's husband told them anything they wanted to drink or eat is on the house. Nice, considering we work our asses off and his wife charges us a convenience fee for the bathroom if we have to pee. To make a long story short, at the end of the evening when Dennis went to collect the agreed upon prior sum of $300 dollars for his musical services, she tells him she'll pay him $200 since they weren't as busy as she thought they would be and wipe Guy and Miss Bethany's bar tab of $60 bucks off the books. What?!?!?! Oh my fucking God. Where do people get off anyway? I was about to go off on her, but Dennis stopped me. He held me back and said this is his gig and it's his last one so just let it go. Yea, I know he's right, but shit. I totally wanted to lay a hurt on her the likes that even Rodney King hasn't seen.

Needless to say we didn't wind up going to bed until about 4:00am New Years Day. Guy and Miss Bethany came back to our house after the New Years Eve fiasco - mostly due to the roads being shit since it snowed the whole time and they live about a million miles away (okay, maybe not a million but at least 40 miles). They wound up leaving sometime around noon yesterday.

What a clusterfuck. Well, at least I'm alive, I'm reasonably healthy (okay, I'll count my blessings on that one) and, well, I did get a new guitar for Christmas!! Okay, it's is a Gibson but it's also a Guitar Hero guitar. So it doesn't really count!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:22 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    omg omg omg! I had the same thing happen to me ALL NIGHT at the boat on New Years Eve! I had a bunch of tables just generally whiney and needy, the kitchen was backed up, the bartenders were backed up, and of course every table wanted to close out their tab each time they ordered a round which is a pain for me because there is 2 bartenders and 2 waitresses and only the bartenders can cash out. so not only do I have to go and open a new blank tab, but then I have to wait for a bartender to be available, then as soon as I bring them their drinks I have to run my butt back up and have it cashed out! A major time waster. One table one round had a $54 tab and gave me $4!! I was so mad!

    We were packed.. end to end, every chair, every table, people standing, I think we were even over capacity at some points because there were people standing in any empty spot including in the doorway to my little room where I go in to get food/pop. Really annoying.

    I wound up making $112 and after tipping out the bartenders (who worked their asses off all night) I left with $100. That was it.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:37:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I'm so glad I'm done!! I really enjoyed it and didn't mind working a part time job, but for the past 3 weeks I don't think I totalled more than 100 bucks!!

    That sucks for you. And I feel your pain!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue, that is so wrong what they did to Dennis! How can they tell them they can have everything they want on the house and then take it back? That is total bullshit! With all this crap that restaurant is doing to you and Dennis, it sounds like quitting there is a VERY good decision. Who wants to work for a place that does stuff like that?

    I wish your New Years was better. We had a good time at our friends' house. Of course the drive out to Beach Park in the snow wasn't that much fun, but at least I wasn't driving. The kids came with and they had a really good time too. Tyler was playing PS3 over there. They were playing some kind of music game where you can sing, play the guitar, or play the drums. I guess he did really well on the drums for his first time. Hannah helped me play the dice game and was the life of the party as usual. :o)

    I'm back to work today after a nice long vacation. I think I am more tired today than I was before I went on vacation. I hate that! At least this week is only 3 days and then it's the weekend again.

    I hope your day gets better! Just think about wrapping yourself up with a blanket, drinking hot cocoa, and smoking a joint when you get home!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:26:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    *haha* cindy. you know me way too well!! *S*

    They were probably playing Rock Band. I'm so addicted to my PS3 I can't stand it!

    And I'm running a server program on our computers so we can play all the music we have on them thru the PS3. There's stuff that this thing does that I don't even KNOW about yet!! *S*

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 4:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really Anon? I didn't realize there was an age limit on swearing. You must live a very sheltered life if you don't hear ANY respectable, intelligent, mature adults swearing every now and then. I know plenty of them.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fuck!

    There, get over it Anon!

    Happy New Year Sue and Dennis.
    I am glad you got out.It sounds like they don't know how to run the place.

    Just checking in, I am never here any more with my new job.

    Keep a goin'!

    Heleb

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That would be HELEN!

    Time for bed.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates