QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, February 26, 2009
Almost Friday...
Ahhh….Thursday. One day away from Friday. And it’s been a busier than fuck week as it is. And this weekend will be even busier.

So, how’s everybody doing in blogland? Getting psyched up for Spring? I know I am. I’m so over winter.

So, last night I came home and Oprah was on. You know how they replay the episode from that day at night? No? Well, they do here. Now, I’m not an Oprah fan. I feel she tends to come across pompous and arrogant and I don’t feel that she genuinely cares about the topics that are being discussed. Maybe it’s just because she’s a bajillionaire and I despise her for that. Yea, that could be it. Anyway, her shit show was on and I got sucked in. They were talking about California – Sacramento in particular and all the new homeless people living there. These people didn’t start out homeless, oh no, this side of last year they all owned homes and had jobs. It freaked me out. I guess it made me very grateful for what I do have. Which is no home, but I’m not homeless. At least I can afford to rent a house and not live in Tent City, which is where a lot of these new homeless people live now.

Anyway, it just made me stop and think and I said a prayer last night before going to bed in hopes that people who are going through hard times find a way to survive. It’s just scary to think that bad things can happen to any one of us and we could be next.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:58 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates