QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Fun Commute Today
It was a whole lotta fun getting into work today. Traffic wasn't bad at all - but, then again, when I come in at 7:30 it's usually just fine. Except when I finally got to the street I work on. And there's a huge fire truck, firemen, and police cars blocking the entire street so I can't turn onto the street I work on.

Unfortunately, that didn't mean I could turn around and go back home. Hell no. It could never work out that cool. I just had to go up another block (after waiting in traffic for twenty minutes) and cut through the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru. I left early this morning, so, actually, I was right on time for work. And it's a good thing. My boss was already here - and he'll be here all day. Which sucks major ass because it's really hard to totally goof off while he's in the office. I would have actually been about 20 minutes early had the road not been blocked.


Nice huh? That is where I'm supposed to turn right, then get immediately in the left lane to turn into work. I still think I should have called to tell work I can't get into the parking lot, but, right now I don't think losing my job is an option. And 43 is way too early to retire.

At what age can you start collecting social security anyway? I'm fucking ready. I'm still hopeful that GW Bush can get us the tax cuts for those of us paying extortion to health insurance companies. I know that between me and my husband we pay out about $400 a month for our health insurance. And the insurance sucks. I'm betting that congress and the house will poo-poo that idea. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:46 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya about health ins. We have it through an Agent cuz through hubby's work it's like $700 a month. So we pay $380 a month for 4 of us with a $2,500 ded and 2 of us have to meet it until ANYTHING is covered. Shit! Hope your day is better and too bad it wasn't your work that was on fire, no? But that would suck cuz you are too young to collect retirement.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:16:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    ughh I heard about the accident at Dundee & AH this am. My husband went to BG so I immediately thought about that intersection... yikes.. it really was RIGHT there!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you on the health insurance.
    Jim and I pay 857.00 a month and have a 500 dollar deductable.

    Somethings gotta give.

    Helen

     
  • At Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are really lucky with our health insurance. My husband is a firefighter and we don't pay anything for insurance. Not sure what the deductible is since we only have Dr visits and Rx co-pays and these don't go towards the deductible, but I'm sure it's pretty low.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates