QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Sunday, June 18, 2006
Happy Fathers Day Dad

This is by far the strangest thing I think I will ever type - My Father's Girlfriend.


My mother and father were married for 50 years and had 5 of us kids. Me, being the youngest. On January 1st, 2000 we lost my mother to heart disease. Since then, my father has been a widower. Is that right? The word widower?

Anyway.....

My father has a tattoo. And on this tattoo is a woman's name. The problem lies in that the woman's name is not my mother's name. And this is where it gets tricky. It's the name of the woman that my father dated for two years before he went into the service, came home, and met my mother. It was his high school sweetheart. I'm not sure why they broke it off or how my dad hooked up with my mom other than knowing he met my mom on a blind date. But, I do know that my mom would constantly tease my dad about his "other woman" on his arm for the next 50 years.

By a chance meeting about a year ago my dad was talking to an old friend about other old friends and mentioned "Betty", the "other woman on his arm". This friend told my dad that he has seen her and would he like her phone number. Well, one thing leads to another and next thing you know my dad is dating his old high school sweetheart. At age 78!! God bless him!!

Now this is where it gets really kind of Twilight Zonish. I make my obligatory Happy Fathers Day phone call since I can't be with him (wish I could but he lives about 300 miles away) and my dad tells me that Betty's husband died the same day that my mother died. Okay, now that kind of gave me chills. Still gives me chills typing it. What are the chances of all of this happening? Has to be high, right? But, it gets even stranger yet. He also tells me Betty has a daughter named Suzie AND she lives in the same city that I do. Hello!! Suzie here too (in case you're reading this and you had no idea).

He's taking her to his 60th class reunion this September.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 12:00 PM  
8 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates