QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, July 07, 2006
I Hate my Job

With all the traffic issues that I've been ranting about now for the past month it was decided that I could come in an hour earlier, and leave an hour earlier. Which means that my usual hours of 8:30 to 4:30 have been changed to 7:30 to 3:30. And I'm very cool with this because it means I have to spend less time in traffic and you guys don't have to hear me bitch about it. And if you believe that then would you be interested in a bridge I have for sale in the Mojave desert?

It's not without it's pitfalls, however. That means that there's a whole hour from 3:30 to 4:30 that I'm not here but everybody else is. And, generally speaking, an entire hour of peace between 7:30 and 8:30 when there's nobody here but me. Only, not today. My boss was here at 7:30 when I get here. Here's why I bring this up - I get into work today at 7:30 and the first thing I notice is that there were papers sitting on the right side of my desk (notice I used the word WERE?) that are no longer there. Fine, you want to take stuff off my desk then at least do the work. But, nooooooo. I look over at coworkers desk and guess what? It's now sitting on her desk but still hasn't been done. I sit down, turn my computer on, and before I hear the fucking Windows ta-da bossman is at my desk asking about these papers. He was looking for them this morning and they weren't where they were yesterday. I'm like, yea, they're on stupidbitchfromhellcoworkers desk. He then told me that he's upset because he needed them at 7:00am this morning and couldn't find them and he needs to know why they were moved and nobody told him. I said - How the fuck should I know? They were here yesterday when I left, on co-workers desk when I came in today and if you want to know why they're there then I suggest you ask the stupidbitchfromhellcoworker and leave me the hell out of it. I mean, what the fuck?

Another nice thing about being here alone between 7:30 and 8:30 is the peace and quiet. Our hours of operation are 8:30 to 4:30 so when I'm here at 7:30 and the phone rings, I don't answer it. But, today, since the boss is here, the phone rang at 7:35, I ignore it as usual, and he yells from his office, "Are you going to answer that?". I'm like, ummmmm.....no. That's one of the reasons I like to come in early. I can get shit done without having to take idiotic calls from morons at 7:30am. He said that isn't going to fly and if I'm here I have to answer the phone. Fuck!! Don't you know I'm working on my blog during this hour?

Seriously, I'm taking a 1/2 a day vacation today. I can't handle these 3 day work weeks.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:36 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Friday, July 07, 2006 8:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sue,

    I definitely feel your pain and I can relate to your blog postings. It is interesting and you have a knack for writing.

    I read that a lot of people have been fired over blogs and talking negatively about work in them. I didn't know if you had anyone at work that would try to look you up on blogs or myspace.

    Keep up the great work, you look amazing. I look forward to your blog everyday. You do have loyal readers.

     
  • At Friday, July 07, 2006 8:23:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Well, they would have to PROVE it's my blog...which would be hard to do since my name isn't connected to it at all AND I never mention the company I work for. So, it's all ok. Besides, they know how I am. I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised.

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates