QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, June 21, 2006
How I Waste 30 Hours a Month

I had to honk at a guy this morning. He was a jackass that sat there at a green light for 30 seconds changing his song list on his IPod from Gay Hits of the 80's to Current Gay Hits of the 00's (Bon Jovi anyone). And I know this because he had it blaring so loud you could hear it through the rain and thunderstorm on my lovely drive to work this morning.

Why do people insist upon multitasking while driving? As if walking and chewing bubble gum isn't already a major accomplishment in most people's lives. On one single drive to work I saw a woman putting on makeup (it didn't help), a guy reading a newspaper, one woman so involved in a cell phone conversation that she didn't realize that the light had changed for a full 15 seconds. What the hell is so important that you have to discuss it in great detail while everybody else has to maneuver all around your sorry ass because you're driving like a fucking idiot? Do we really believe that we can do all of these things at once when we can't even have a rational thought until we've had our morning latte?


It made me think a lot about traffic this morning. How it happens, where do all these fucking people come from, and why does IDIOT have to tear up multiple roads at once just to piss off every driver in a 20 mile radius? Believe me, getting to work in the mornings gives me plenty of time to ponder such nonsense. What should take me a half an hour, tops, to get to work in the morning now takes me a bare minimum of 45 minutes (on a good day) to an hour and 15 minutes (on a bad day - today). I figure at that rate I spend a minimum of 7.5 hours a week and 30 hours a month driving myself back and forth to work. And this is to drive 15 miles there, 15 miles home.

No wonder I'm such a bitch.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:44 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "No wonder I'm such a bitch." lmao

    Yeah I drove through some of that hell over Memorial Day weekend. Not going back to the Chicago area until construction isn't nearly as bad. lol

    Moody

     
  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates